We offer fresh Seafood in a relaxing environment right on the water in Titusville, Florida.
The Historical Titusville Fishing Pier
This building sits at the west end of Walker bridge which first opened on Dec 15, 1922. The two lane wooden bridge connected North Brevard to Merritt Island until World War II. Following the death of six soldiers after driving through the wooden guard railing, the Federal and State governments constructed a new concrete bridge with a steel swing-span and it was opened on Feb 21, 1949.
The city of Titusville then obtained rights to the western portion of the old bridge used it as a fishing pier. It was advertised as “Longest FREE fishing pier in the world” until the early 1970s. The bridge was scheduled to be replaced when damage from Hurricane Wilma in 2005 destroyed the pier and damaged the steel swing bridge. The A Max Brewer Memorial bridge, two new piers and a restaurant was constructed between 2008-2010
This restaurant was first opened in 2008 and remained in operation until June 2018. In 2017, Hurricane Irma caused major damage to the south seawall and entrance to the south Pier. This was repaired by FDOT in late 2018 and after renovation of the existing building and construction of a new outdoor bar, we have been open since Dec 2018. We have named it Pier 220 for it is the same exit off I-95 making it easier for visitors to find
The Pier Corps
In 1994 the Titusville Fishing Pier was on the verge of closure and the city lacked the funds to replace the decking boards. A citizen’s volunteer committee was formed to raise funds for the same. They came to be dubbed “The Pier Corps”. For a donation of 25 dollars, the contributors would have their names carved on a deck board. It was later determined that carving the names on decking boards would not be a good idea and they instead had their names carved on wooden plaques and placed around the restaurant. Money raised also paid for new pier benches and waterproofing of the pier boards. As the fundraising progressed the city was eventually able to obtain a grant to replace the boards.
In 2010 the final Pier Corps funds were exhausted by providing the historical pictures of the Titusville Fishing Pier you see on display along with the original letters from the Pier Corps Treasurer.
During our renovation we moved the plaques to make a feature wall, thus preserving the history of the pier.